Thriller Live moonwalks to Bath’s Theatre Royal this winter
- Credit: ©Irina Chira
Hit West End concert Thriller Live is coming to Bath for six nights this winter.
The show – which is now in its record-breaking ninth year – will run from November 27 to December 2 at the Theatre Royal, in Sawclose, and was created to celebrate the career of the king of pop, Michael Jackson.
Thriller Live takes audiences on an electrifying visual and audio journey through the magic of Michael Jackson’s 45-year musical history, including his hits with the Jackson 5.
This spectacular show has been seen by over four million people in 32 countries, and played over 5,100 performances worldwide.
Thriller Live first opened in the West End at the Lyric Theatre in January 2009 and is currently the 15th longest running musical in West End history.
You may also want to watch:
Having recently sold its two millionth West End ticket, Thriller Live also holds the record at London’s Lyric Theatre as the longest running show since the theatre started entertaining the capital in December 1888.
Bath theatregoers can look forward to over two hours of nonstop hits from pop to rock, soul to disco, as the cast pays homage to Jackson’s legendary live performances and innovative dance moves executed with flair, precision and passion.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
Just some of the many favourite Jackson hits featured include: I Want You Back, ABC, Can You Feel It and Thriller.
The cast of the 2017 UK tour is led by American star and lead vocalist Britt Quentin, who has performed in over 2,300 performances of Thriller Live in the West End over a six year period.
The show blends eye-popping video footage and effects together with dazzling choreography by award-winning director and choreographer Gary Lloyd.
Producers Paul Walden and Derek Nicol said: “Thriller Live continues to go from strength to strength, and we have many loyal fans who come back time after time for repeat visits.
“We aim to keep the show fresh and exciting for them for many years to come through subtle changes, additional special effects and new video content.”
Thriller Live runs at the Theatre Royal Bath from November 27 to December 2. To book tickets contact the Theatre Royal Box Office on 01225 448844 or book online at www.theatreroyal.org.uk