Weston acoustic duo, Naked WIthout It, release first EP after 23 year hiatus
- Credit: Archant
A Weston acoustic duo have released their first EP after reuniting after 23 years.
Tony Poole and Martin Kennedy, aka Naked Without It, have relased EP, Wigroom D, online on Bandcamp as well as on CD.
Recorded with producer George Shilling (Oasis, The Pogues), Wig Room D takes its name from the studio in Newton Abbot where the trio put the three-track EP together, which also housed the costume department of a local theatre group.
Tony said: “Martin and I got back together last year after the drummer of our old group, Julian Turner-Bell, died and we met up at his funeral.
“We played live together for the first time in 23 years at the Brit Bar in Weston in November last year.
You may also want to watch:
“Since then we have gone from strength to strength and can’t wait to get out and play live again.
“We are aiming to play a number of gigs in Weston as soon as venues re-open and have a one day mini-tour planned for the summer playing five, half-hour shows in one day in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 10 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted