Next performance lined up for Clevedon Music Club
- Credit: Clevedon Community Centre
Clevedon Music Club’s spring series of concerts at the Clevedon Community Centre opens on January 18.
Nicola Woodward brings a variety of instruments for What The Silence Taught Me, a programme consisting of the beautiful music that she discovered or performed for the first time during lockdown, from Bach’s monumental Partita In A Minor for solo flute via some unknown gems by Kunc and Koechlin, to a moment of madness and fun for piccolo and alarm clock.
The show will be performed at the community centre, in Teignmouth Room, at 7.30pm.
She will also improvise and then play Tree Of Peace and Wings inspired by native North American culture and ending with some Irish traditional music on folk flutes and whistles.
Nicola’s previous solo performance at the club was riveting so booking is required.
Admission costs £10 at the door but call 01275 875262 or 879099 to book and check whether Government and local anti-Covid measures are permitting us to go ahead.
- 1 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 4 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 5 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 6 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 7 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Fire crews tackle chimney blaze
- 10 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision