Operatic society hits high note
A LOCAL operatic society is celebrating after winning two gongs in musical theatre’s equivalent of the Oscars.
The awards went to Carol Kenway and Bev Priest of Worle Operatic & Dramatic Society (WODS) for the parts they played in the group’s successful show Calamity Jane.
Carol won best musical director and Bev was awarded best cameo performance at the recent Somerset Fellowship of Drama Awards.
Company directors Sam Bond and Kate Emmery said: “We arre so pleased to have had the success in the recent awards. I believe that the success lies in the enthusiasm of its membership.”
Fresh from this success, WODS is preparing for its new show Honk!
You may also want to watch:
This highly original musical tells the fable of Hans Christian Anderson’s Ugly Duckling.
The show opens its run at The Blakehay on May 5. Tickets, priced �8.50-9.50, are available from www.worleoperatic.co.uk/tickets or from 01934 645493.
- 1 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 4 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 5 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 6 Closure of A370 in Weston for improvements
- 7 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 8 Chargeable garden waste collection service begins
- 9 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre