Operatic society hits high note
A LOCAL operatic society is celebrating after winning two gongs in musical theatre’s equivalent of the Oscars.
The awards went to Carol Kenway and Bev Priest of Worle Operatic & Dramatic Society (WODS) for the parts they played in the group’s successful show Calamity Jane.
Carol won best musical director and Bev was awarded best cameo performance at the recent Somerset Fellowship of Drama Awards.
Company directors Sam Bond and Kate Emmery said: “We arre so pleased to have had the success in the recent awards. I believe that the success lies in the enthusiasm of its membership.”
Fresh from this success, WODS is preparing for its new show Honk!
You may also want to watch:
This highly original musical tells the fable of Hans Christian Anderson’s Ugly Duckling.
The show opens its run at The Blakehay on May 5. Tickets, priced �8.50-9.50, are available from www.worleoperatic.co.uk/tickets or from 01934 645493.
- 1 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 6 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people