Rags to riches...and back to rags again
A TALE of rags to riches, and back to rags again, will bring laughter and tears to the audience of The Blakehay theatre this month.
Worle Operatic and Dramatic Society’s extraordinary musical Spend, Spend, Spend – starring Ann Bond, Kirsty Davies and Oliver Martin - will take you back to the 1960s when young Viv Nicholson dumps her first husband in favour of the love of her life, and second husband, Keith.
Living on the brink of poverty, their lives take a dramatic change when they spend their last two pounds on a pub blow-out and tune in for the results of the football pools.
With an extraordinary win the couple embark on a fun and ridiculously frivolous spending spree that sees them lose all their friends and spiral into a drunken mess.
The show pulls out every emotion in the bag, with the themes of death and disaster to a whirlwind of happiness and excitement, and will provide a succession of beautifully-crafted songs.
You may also want to watch:
Spend, Spend, Spend, which is not suitable for children under the age of 12, will be at The Blakehay theatre from April 26-28 at 7.30pm, with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm.
Tickets, priced �8.50-9.50, are available from the box office on 01934 645493 or online at www.worleoperatic.co.uk
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 8 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 9 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 10 Man jailed for knife possession offence
Worle Operatic and Dramatic Society will also be celebrating their 40th anniversary with a dinner dance. While the group gave their first show in October 1972, they will be holding the event on May 26 at 7pm.
The event will take place at Doubletree by Hilton at Cadbury House in Congresbury. If any ex-members would like to join contact email@example.com