Return To The Forbidden Planet with WODS
THE Worle Operatic and Dramatic Society (WODS) will be staging a pulsating show of rock n roll combined with Shakespearean wit at The Blakehay next week.
THE Worle Operatic and Dramatic Society (WODS) will be staging a pulsating show of rock 'n' roll combined with Shakespearean wit at The Blakehay next week.
WODS performs to a consistently high standard with a predominately local cast which consists of a surprisingly varied age group.
Return To The Forbidden Planet is loosely based on Shakespeare's the Tempest and revolves around the crew of a spacecraft led by Captain Tempest. The spacecraft is mysteriously drawn to the planet D'lllyria, where a mad scientist, Prospero, and his lovely daughter, Miranda, are marooned.
Audiences will be wowed by a stunningly wicked set, unforgettable pop classics, wonderfully choreographed dance numbers and eloquent prose.
With high-tech direction from Bob Gibbons and musical direction from Ann Bond, the society promises a high octane performance with foot stomping entertainment on a stunningly wicked set.
WODS will stage the show at The Blakehay in Wadham Street, Weston, from April 23-25 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Man attacked with axe in Weston
- 2 WATCH: Cars get caught out by tide on Weston beach
- 3 Boat sinks off Weston coast
- 4 'Tragedy' as hundreds of fish die in Weston pond
- 5 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Labour launch campaign to halt bus cuts in North Somerset
- 7 Life-sized suffragette made of Lego to tour Weston next week
- 8 See Monster viewing platform to open next week
- 9 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 10 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
Tickets, priced �8.50 and �7.50 for concessions, are available from the box office on 01934 645493 or via www.worleoperatic.co.uk/tickets