Sand Sculpture Festival celebrates 10th year
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 5,000 tonnes of sand have been sculpted into famous faces from the big screen for the Sand Sculpture Festival’s 10th year.
The 15 sand sculptors also paid tribute to the past 10 years and recreated some of their favourite sculptures from past themes including Under The Sea and The Jungle.
This year’s seafront festival also features a brand new indoor workshop area for children.
The event, which costs about £30,000 a year to set up, has been brought back with support from Weston Town Council and North Somerset Council, along with local businesses.
The festival will now be open daily on the beach next to the Tropicana from 10am-5pm, until September 27.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket prices range from £2.50-3.50.
- 1 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 6 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people