Sea shanty and folk music festival set to grace Weston next month
- Credit: The Steepholmers
Westonians will once again be welcomed aboard to an even 'bigger and better' folk music festival later this summer.
The popular Sea Shanty and Folk Music Festival is a major event in the music calendar of the south west and will see 55 live acts perform, such as the famous Steepholmers.
Acts will play across many venues in town, including the seafront, Italian Gardens and the Grand Pier.
Entry is free but organisers will be collecting for charity. Last year the event raised £5,000 for Weston's RNLI and Lions Club.
They will recite songs commonly sung by sailors onboard large merchant vessels and ships of the Royal Navy.
It will take place from August 5 to 7 at a variety of venues.
The festival is supported by North Somerset Council, Weston Town Council and a host of local businesses including Cavanna Homes and Apache Construction.
- 1 Grand Pier adds more postcodes to free entry list
- 2 Somerset man wins £1 MILLION on instant win lottery game
- 3 Weston sportswear supplier opens second store
- 4 Around £200,000 of illicit tobacco seized in Devon and Somerset raids
- 5 Castle Batch primary 'delighted' with glowing Ofsted report
- 6 Cannabis plants worth £180,000 seized from Weston home
- 7 Five green spaces in North Somerset awarded with Green Flag status
- 8 Tory leadership debate cancelled after host faints on air
- 9 Tributes paid to A38 crash victim Rowland Lyons
- 10 Tropicana to host summer-long What's Next? festival
A full programme of all the acts playing will be released later this month.