Somerset bands to support Steve Harley And Cockney Rebel and Toyah Willcox
- Credit: Archant
A group of Somerset bands will perform alongside rock legends Steve Harley And Cockney Rebel and Toyah Willcox at the Music In The Meadow festival.
The event, which will be held at Secret World Wildlife Rescue in East Huntspill, will see the artists take to the stage to support the charity while performing alongside their idols on September 10.
Bands including Storm, A Cunning Plan, Daytona, Twerzels and Luna-C will perform alongside punk singer Toyah Willcox and London band Steve Harley And Cockney Rebel.
Music In The Meadow will raise money for the charity which works to provide rescue services for sick, injured and orphaned wildlife. The charity is responsible for rescuing more than 5,000 animals each year.
Event organiser Keith Weston said: “We’re so excited to have these great local bands playing at our first ever music festival.
You may also want to watch:
“We can’t wait to welcome music lovers and families to this all-day event.”
The Music In The Meadow festival will be held at Secret World Wildlife Rescue, in New Road, at noon on September 10.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 7 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 8 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
Tickets, priced £20 for adults and £10 for under-16s, are available online via www.secretworld.org/musicinthemeadow or can be bought at the Secret World gift shop.