Sunday Best from Claire
Claire Sweeney will star in a masterpiece of theatre at The Playhouse in Weston on November 10.
It will be a rare opportunity to see Andrew Lloyd Webber and Don Black’s Tell Me On A Sunday at the venue.
Now remodeled for Claire Sweeney by the masters of musical theatre, with an exclusive new song I Still Believe in Love, this is the definitive version of the classic musical for 2010.
Originally conceived for television starring Marti Webb, it has been performed by legendary musical theatre stars Elaine Paige, Sarah Brightman and Denise Van Outen.
Now Claire Sweeney takes on this celebrated role,which features a wonderful score and the chart topping hit Take That Look Off Your Face, Unexpected Song and the title track Tell Me on a Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The tale charts the romantic misadventures of a young English girl, newly- arrived in New York.
Brimming with optimism, she seeks success, companionship and, of course, love.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
But as she weaves her way through the maze of the city and her own anxieties, frustrations and heartaches she begins to wonder whether - in fact - she’s been looking for love in all the wrong places.
Tickets, priced �22.50-25, are available from the box office on 01934 645544.
The Mercury has teamed up with The Playhouse to offer three lucky readers the chance to win tickets to the show.
To enter the competition, simply answer the following question:
What is the name of the exclusive, new song created for this production?
Send your answer on a postcard, along with your name, address and telephone number, to: The Playhouse competition, Weston, Worle & Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW, by 12noon on October 22.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.