Bristol dates for The Book Of Mormon musical’s worldwide tour announced
- Credit: Paul Coltas
The Tony, Olivier and Grammy award-winning musical The Book Of Mormon will be staged at Bristol Hippodrome next year.
The musical comedy 'makes light' of Mormon beliefs and practices, but endorses the power of the religious group's service.
The story follows two Mormon missionaries as they attempt to preach to the people of a Ugandan village, who are challenged by AIDS, famine and oppression from village warlords.
The Broadway musical was written by Trey Parker, Matt Stone and Robert Lopez, and Trey and Matt are also the creators of award-winning television show, South Park.
The musical will be performed at the Bristol venue, in St Augustines Parade, from January 15 until February 1, 2020.
You may also want to watch:
Evening performances start at 7.30pm and matinee shows begin at 2.30pm.
To book tickets, log on to www.atgtickets.com/bristol or call the box office on 08448 713012.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street