Thousands enjoy eat:Weston food and drink festival
- Credit: eat:Festivals
Foodies flocked to the town centre on Saturday to tuck into some delectable dishes and treats at the eat:Weston festival.
Local producers took over the Italian Gardens and High Street for the event, and more than 10,000 people visited during the day.
Bev Milner Simonds said: "It is always a real pleasure to work in Weston. It was brilliant to see so many friendly faces during the day - enjoying the warm autumn sunshine and catching up with their favourite producers. Many makers sold out during the day - which is always a risk as they have much less capacity to make stock.
"We are grateful for the support of Weston BID and to Thatchers Cider who sponsored two bursary winners on Saturday. These are brand new businesses, making their first steps in street trading."
Bev and Sarah Milner Simonds, the co-founders and directors at eat:Festivals, are looking forward to returning to the town for a festive edition on December 12.
The food and drink festival will be held in the Winter Gardens from 10am-4pm with more than 60 producers, entertainment, and a visit from Father Christmas.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision