Top DJ to headline at town’s Pride festival
- Credit: Archant
A big-name DJ who is heading up the after-party for the biggest Pride festival in the country is coming to Weston-super-Mare this summer.
DJ Rich B is taking the stage at London’s official Pride At Night after-party – and will be heading to the South West a few weeks later to feature in Weston’s own Pride celebrations.
Rich B is a renowned house DJ with his own label, Enriched Records. He has been keeping a close watch on Weston Pride’s party in the park and decided to get involved.
The Pride team wanted to bring in the big-name DJ to feature in future Pride festivals – but North Somerset Council agreed to extend the park festival for an extra two hours, paving the way for Rich B to host a set at this year’s event.
A spokesman for Weston Pride said: “The initial plan was to look at the future of the event and move it forwards with a vibrant feel over the next few years, but with the council agreeing for Pride to be extended Rich offered to come and DJ at this year’s event.
You may also want to watch:
“For Weston Pride it is the icing on the cake with the fantastic line up already in place with Rozalla and Nicki French.”
The party in the park has now been extended to last from 11am-8pm, but last entry will be 6pm. Tickets, priced £2 for children or £5 for adults, are available from www.wsmpride.com
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 3 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 6 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 7 Town centre park to reopen as wellbeing park for people to aid mental and physical health
- 8 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 9 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 10 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer