BBC Radio 2 DJ to perform summer gig in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A superstar DJ, radio and TV presenter will perform in Weston this summer.
Jo Whiley is coming to The Tropicana, in Marine Parade, on June 12 at 7pm.
Whiley will bring all the best tracks from one of the most popular decades for music, the 1990s.
Tracks from Blur, Oasis, Fatboy Slim, Primal Scream, The Verve, The Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy and a whole lot more will be spun on the night.
Whiley was the host of the long-running Jo Whiley Show on BBC Radio One.
You may also want to watch:
She later joined the drivetime show with Simon Mayo on Radio Two and became the first woman in 20 years to present a daytime show on the station.
Whiley presents televised coverage of major music festivals, such as the Glastonbury Festival.
- 1 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 2 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 3 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 4 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 5 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 8 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 9 Congresbury edged out by Twyford House on opening day
- 10 New headteacher for village first school
She is also taking on three triathlons in three days for this year's Sport Relief.
Tickets, priced £22.15-24.30, go on sale at 6pm today (Friday) can be purchased at www.eventbrite.co.uk