BBC Radio 2 DJ to perform summer gig in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A superstar DJ, radio and TV presenter will perform in Weston this summer.
Jo Whiley is coming to The Tropicana, in Marine Parade, on June 12 at 7pm.
Whiley will bring all the best tracks from one of the most popular decades for music, the 1990s.
Tracks from Blur, Oasis, Fatboy Slim, Primal Scream, The Verve, The Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy and a whole lot more will be spun on the night.
Whiley was the host of the long-running Jo Whiley Show on BBC Radio One.
You may also want to watch:
She later joined the drivetime show with Simon Mayo on Radio Two and became the first woman in 20 years to present a daytime show on the station.
Whiley presents televised coverage of major music festivals, such as the Glastonbury Festival.
- 1 Revealed: What the Sovereign Centre will look like after £1.7million facelift
- 2 Worle pub due to be a nursery up for sale
- 3 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 4 Man dies after collision with car
- 5 One-way scheme improves safety outside primary school
- 6 Council agrees £14million budget for new special school site
- 7 Sisters take on Weston walk in father’s memory
- 8 Flood alleviation scheme on outskirts of Weston completed
- 9 Butcher's shop fined after apprentice lost two fingers in mincer
- 10 Weston RNLI given over £4,000 from major technology firm
She is also taking on three triathlons in three days for this year's Sport Relief.
Tickets, priced £22.15-24.30, go on sale at 6pm today (Friday) can be purchased at www.eventbrite.co.uk