TV star returns to stage
PENELOPE Keith returns to the stage in a poignant comedy from the playwright legend Keith Waterhouse.
Penelope Keith has starred in a range of top TV roles including To The Manor Born and The Good Life.
Good Grief tells the story of June Pepper (played by Keith) who realises there is more to life than death when her tabloid editor husband dies.
Following her late husband’s instructions, she sets about keeping a diary of her feelings which takes her and the audience through her grieving process in the most unexpected way imaginable.
Mixing wry humour and emotional weight, Good Grief is sure to delight and move audiences in equal measure.
You may also want to watch:
The play will be performed at the Theatre Royal in Bath form September 25-29 from 7.30pm, with matinee performances on Thursday and Saturday at 2.30pm.
Tickets, priced �17.50-33.50, are available by calling 01225 448844 or by going to www.theatreroyal.org.uk
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 8 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector