Autumn cycling challenge taking place this month
- Credit: Getty Images
Diabetes UK is looking for people to saddle up for its autumn cycling challenge.
People can get on their bike and raise vital funds for the charity.
The UK Wide Cycle Ride runs throughout September and is a perfect opportunity to take your fitness up a gear while raising money for diabetes research along the way.
Challengers can pick from one of four virtual distances, ranging from 150 miles for beginners through to 950 miles for more experienced cyclists, and they have the entire month to clock up the mileage.
There are four coast to coast distances to choose from, including a 220-mile route from Margate to Weston.
Those taking part will get their own fundraising profile page and can join a Facebook group where event ambassadors and challengers discuss their progress and share tips.
To register for the UK Wide Cycle Ride, visit cycle.diabetes.org.uk. There is no registration fee and no minimum sponsorship.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 3 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston gymnasts impress on Great Britain duty at European Championships
- 8 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice