Unique Mod musical set to make its Weston debut to mark 50 years of music
- Credit: Archant
A celebration of Mod music is set to rock The Playhouse to mark the 50th anniversary of the Mod scene.
All Or Nothing celebrates the music of iconic Mod band The Small Faces and you could be there on opening night thanks to our competition.
The musical follows the story of the four members of the band and how they cope with being famous.
It may seem like the millionaire lifestyle is glamorous but they soon discover the amount of corruption and betrayal which comes with it.
This is unlike any other musical and is sure to make you think as well as enjoy the soulful music.
You may also want to watch:
Hits like Whatcha Gonna Do About It, All Or Nothing, Tin Soldier and Lazy Sunday will all make an appearance.
The Mod scene did not make its way into British culture until the 1960s, but the now iconic genre is said to have influenced musicians such as Oasis, Blur and The Arctic Monkeys.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 3 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 6 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 7 Town centre park to reopen as wellbeing park for people to aid mental and physical health
- 8 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 9 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 10 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
This musical’s visit to Weston is part of a UK tour and is not to be missed.
All Or Nothing will be at the Playhouse, in High Street, from September 30 to October 2, with performances at 7.30pm each night and 3pm on October 1.
Tickets, priced £25, are available from 01934 645544, or www.theplayhouse.co.uk
The Mercury has teamed up with the Playhouse to offer two lucky readers a pair of tickets to the show on September 30.
To enter, answer the question below.
Or, send your answer, along with your name, address and telephone number to: All Or Nothing Competition, Weston & Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-, BS23 1LW by 10am on July 29.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering, you agree to be contacted by Archant.