DJs to perform virtual summer shuffle in aid of RNLI
- Credit: The Shuffle Brothers
Some of the South West’s finest DJs are coming together to stage The Virtual Summer Shuffle at Weston’s Tropicana next month.
Shuffle Events will be live streaming their special blend of house music across multiple online platforms from 2-10pm on August 1. The virtual event will take place at the Tropicana with lighting and visuals – but no crowd.
An event spokesman said: “We felt that the ‘empty room’ format was incredibly symbolic for the entire events industry who have been hit so hard during lockdown. Collectively we want to send out a message that we are still here and ready to get back to the business of bringing people together.”
DJs playing include The Shuffle Brothers, RIBBZ, Funk Frankie, Mike Speakman B2B Mark Coombes, Stevie M, Stampy and Woody.
Shuffle and the Tropicana will be supporting the RNLI and people can donate to the cause throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be streamed live at www.tropicanaweston.co.uk.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3