DJs to perform virtual summer shuffle in aid of RNLI
- Credit: The Shuffle Brothers
Some of the South West’s finest DJs are coming together to stage The Virtual Summer Shuffle at Weston’s Tropicana next month.
Shuffle Events will be live streaming their special blend of house music across multiple online platforms from 2-10pm on August 1. The virtual event will take place at the Tropicana with lighting and visuals – but no crowd.
An event spokesman said: “We felt that the ‘empty room’ format was incredibly symbolic for the entire events industry who have been hit so hard during lockdown. Collectively we want to send out a message that we are still here and ready to get back to the business of bringing people together.”
DJs playing include The Shuffle Brothers, RIBBZ, Funk Frankie, Mike Speakman B2B Mark Coombes, Stevie M, Stampy and Woody.
Shuffle and the Tropicana will be supporting the RNLI and people can donate to the cause throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be streamed live at www.tropicanaweston.co.uk.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple