Winscombe artist picked for international competition
- Credit: Supplied
A Winscombe artist has been shortlisted for an international competition.
David Cuthbert is one of 11 Somerset artists who will have their work displayed at The Bishop’s Palace in Wells until October 22 as part of the Wells Art Contemporary (WAC).
His display will feature watercolour paintings inspired by a trip to New York City tourist destination Coney Island in the USA.
David said: “Back in March 2015 I paid a visit to Coney Island and I saw it in the snow, which gave the out-of-season complex a peculiar magic.
“Given my piece is about images transformed by a new context, I find the notion of showing contemporary art in a rural setting is perfectly suitable.”
You may also want to watch:
A total of 1,397 pieces were submitted by artists from 26 different countries – the highest number in the event’s six-year history.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released