Hundreds head to town for Weston Bike Night
- Credit: Derek Hitchins
Hundreds of motorcyclists have been descending on Weston for the town's popular bike nights.
Bikers from across the South West attend the gatherings to show off their wheels and raise money for the Royal British Legion.
Organiser Lyn Lovell said: "I would think by the high numbers we've been having that people are very happy to be back and I have been told it's nice to see the Beach Lawns being used again for bike nights.
"We've had numbers of 800-plus bikes the first few nights. We are hoping that the high numbers carry on on and we'll be raising lots of money for the RBL."
"We have safety measures in place for Covid and have been following the 2m distancing and hands face and space guidelines throughout the event. Even with the restrictions lifting on Monday, we will still keep those safety measures in place."
Weston Bike Nights will be running until September 9. The event runs every Thursday from 6pm and visitors are asked to donate £1 towards the RBL.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston