Theatre show to be performed at Marine Lake
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s Marine Lake will be the setting for a theatre show.
The premier of This Crossing, a show inspired by writer and director Martin Bonger’s own experiences of becoming a father and surviving a traumatic accident, will be held from September 25–27 at 6pm.
A socially distanced, outdoor performance will take place in association with LittleMighty, Theatre Orchard and Culture Weston.
In This Crossing, the two central characters make the same journey to the sea, 668 years apart. They are bound together by the shock of having a baby, and are running away from the rush of emotion and fear that comes with new love.
Writer and director Martin Bonger was inspired to create the piece with his own experiences of becoming a father and breaking his neck.
You may also want to watch:
The show is partly set during the time of the Black Death.
Tickets, priced £10, are available from www.cultureweston.org.uk
- 1 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 2 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 6 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 7 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car