Theatre show to be performed at Marine Lake
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s Marine Lake will be the setting for a theatre show.
The premier of This Crossing, a show inspired by writer and director Martin Bonger’s own experiences of becoming a father and surviving a traumatic accident, will be held from September 25–27 at 6pm.
A socially distanced, outdoor performance will take place in association with LittleMighty, Theatre Orchard and Culture Weston.
In This Crossing, the two central characters make the same journey to the sea, 668 years apart. They are bound together by the shock of having a baby, and are running away from the rush of emotion and fear that comes with new love.
Writer and director Martin Bonger was inspired to create the piece with his own experiences of becoming a father and breaking his neck.
You may also want to watch:
The show is partly set during the time of the Black Death.
Tickets, priced £10, are available from www.cultureweston.org.uk
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards