Theatre show to be performed at Marine Lake
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s Marine Lake will be the setting for a theatre show.
The premier of This Crossing, a show inspired by writer and director Martin Bonger’s own experiences of becoming a father and surviving a traumatic accident, will be held from September 25–27 at 6pm.
A socially distanced, outdoor performance will take place in association with LittleMighty, Theatre Orchard and Culture Weston.
In This Crossing, the two central characters make the same journey to the sea, 668 years apart. They are bound together by the shock of having a baby, and are running away from the rush of emotion and fear that comes with new love.
Writer and director Martin Bonger was inspired to create the piece with his own experiences of becoming a father and breaking his neck.
You may also want to watch:
The show is partly set during the time of the Black Death.
Tickets, priced £10, are available from www.cultureweston.org.uk
- 1 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 2 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 3 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 4 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 5 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 8 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 9 Congresbury edged out by Twyford House on opening day
- 10 Landowners could be forced to sell to make way for Banwell Bypass