Weston star to sing at Glastonbury
- Credit: Archant
WESTON singing star Ryan Inglis has been announced as one of the acts to perform at the largest music festival in the world - Glastonbury Festival.
The 31-year-old singer/songwriter has performed at events and festivals around the town, UK and Europe but said this is definitely one to look forward to.
This year the three-day festival, held in Worthy Farm, Pilton, will see stars such as The Rolling Stones, Rita Ora, Ben Howard, Mumford and Sons and Example entertain thousands of fans on its green fields.
Ryan got the call a few days ago, which confirmed he would play at the Pop Up Hotel on June 29 between 12-4pm at the sold-out event.
Ryan said: “I just thought, wow.
You may also want to watch:
“Someone that I met at the Dartmouth Festival asked if they could play one of my songs and I said yes. He then met up with someone who is involved in Glastonbury festival and got a spot and also suggested me.”
Ryan said Weston singers Luke Potter and Mark Eli will also share the same time slot.
- 1 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 5 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 6 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
He said: “I have not played at Glastonbury before so this is definitely something to look forward to.
“I have a gig in Corfu two days before, so as soon as I get back from Bristol Airport I need to get ready and go.”
The Weston star plans to sing some of his favourite tracks, Fear and Starlight, and will be accompanied by backing singer Lorna Thomas and violinist Hannah Johns.
Ryan also plans to release his debut album in a couple of months, called The Time is Now, which was recorded in Abbey Road, London – famous for being used by The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Cliff Richard.
Ryan said: “I’m really looking forward to see what people think about it.”