Win tickets to watch WODS’ Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert show
- Credit: Submitted
The funny and heart-warming musical Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert will be performed by WODS Musical Theatre Company in Weston-super-Mare.
The award-winning group is the first amateur dramatics company to perform the Broadway hit, complete with 150 dazzling costumes and headdresses.
The show is filled with infections songs from the 1970s and 1980s from the likes of Tina Turner, Cyndi Lauper, and The Village People.
The story follows three friends, Tick, Bernadette and Adam, who board a party bus named Priscilla and take their outrageous and flamboyant drag show on the road through the Australian Outback as they hope to unite Tick with his young son.
All of the leading cast members have extensive credits with companies in Bristol and Weston.
They will be joined by young performer Freddy Jones, who starred in Priscilla alongside Blue singer Duncan James at the Bristol Hippodrome when he was just nine years old.
Freddy said: “I loved doing Priscilla, it’s such a fun show and I cannot wait to do it again.”
- 1 Man attacked with axe in Weston
- 2 WATCH: Cars get caught out by tide on Weston beach
- 3 Boat sinks off Weston coast
- 4 'Tragedy' as hundreds of fish die in Weston pond
- 5 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Labour launch campaign to halt bus cuts in North Somerset
- 7 See Monster viewing platform to open next week
- 8 Life-sized suffragette made of Lego to tour Weston next week
- 9 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 10 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
WODS Musical Theatre Company has won a number of awards for its shows, including recognition for recent productions Oliver! and Made In Dagenham. Its performers regularly pick up accolades.
Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert, will be performed at The Playhouse, in High Street, on May 31 to June 2 at 7.30pm, with a 2.30pm matinee on June 2.
Tickets, priced £16-17, are available from www.worleoperatic.co.uk/tickets or 01934 645544.
The Mercury has teamed up with WODS Musical Theatre Company to offer two pairs of tickets to the opening night.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering the competition, you agree to be contacted by Archant.
The competition closes at 10am on May 25.