Win tickets to watch WODS’ Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert show
- Credit: Submitted
The funny and heart-warming musical Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert will be performed by WODS Musical Theatre Company in Weston-super-Mare.
The award-winning group is the first amateur dramatics company to perform the Broadway hit, complete with 150 dazzling costumes and headdresses.
The show is filled with infections songs from the 1970s and 1980s from the likes of Tina Turner, Cyndi Lauper, and The Village People.
The story follows three friends, Tick, Bernadette and Adam, who board a party bus named Priscilla and take their outrageous and flamboyant drag show on the road through the Australian Outback as they hope to unite Tick with his young son.
All of the leading cast members have extensive credits with companies in Bristol and Weston.
You may also want to watch:
They will be joined by young performer Freddy Jones, who starred in Priscilla alongside Blue singer Duncan James at the Bristol Hippodrome when he was just nine years old.
Freddy said: “I loved doing Priscilla, it’s such a fun show and I cannot wait to do it again.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
WODS Musical Theatre Company has won a number of awards for its shows, including recognition for recent productions Oliver! and Made In Dagenham. Its performers regularly pick up accolades.
Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert, will be performed at The Playhouse, in High Street, on May 31 to June 2 at 7.30pm, with a 2.30pm matinee on June 2.
Tickets, priced £16-17, are available from www.worleoperatic.co.uk/tickets or 01934 645544.
The Mercury has teamed up with WODS Musical Theatre Company to offer two pairs of tickets to the opening night.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering the competition, you agree to be contacted by Archant.
The competition closes at 10am on May 25.