Tropicana announces trio of lockdown-busting summer club nights
- Credit: Archant
Weston's Tropicana has announced a trio of lockdown-busting summer club nights.
Planning for the ultimate post-pandemic party, the Tropicana will be hosting a trio of premier club nights in July and August.
The venue's spokesman said: "With the end now in sight, there’s surely only one thing on everyone’s minds this summer and that’s going out.
"If you feel like you haven’t been out in forever, well the Tropicana has got you covered with a series of special club nights spanning three classic eras of clubbing.
"Taking place just weeks after lockdown restrictions have been lifted, get down to the Tropicana for a cathartic release of dance, euphoria and all-round good times as we mark the beginning of a new era for club culture with a celebration of some of its finest ones to date.
"Leave the shoulder pads in, put the leg-warmers on and get into the groove at this unmissable party that will give lockdown the ultimate send-off."
On July 9, the Ibiza Club Classics will be serving-up a night packed with Balearic beats, trance, Ibiza club anthems and out-and-out bangers.
Picking only the finest dance tunes, in-house DJs will deliver an authentic taste of the White Isle on Weston seafront.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
Then, on July 31, a Back To The 80s: Freedom Party will be hosted by special guest Riky Grover on the decks.
The BBC Radio Wiltshire DJ will be pulling out his choice picks of that seminal era for pop-music which gave us Wham, Madonna, Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran and so many more.
In August, get ready to party like it is 1999 all over again, at the ‘90s Anthems’ club night. Taking place on August 27, this special club night is guaranteed to bring memories of Brit-pop, girl power and the best kinds of bank holidays flooding right back.
Inviting Riky Grover back behind the wheels of steel, expect dance hits, alternative anthems, indie bangers and hip-hop classics that are sure to satisfy everyone, Blur and Oasis fans alike.
Tickets are now on sale for all three events. To book, log on to www.tropicanaweston.co.uk