Goldie to perform in Weston
- Credit: Archant
One of the greatest pioneers of drum and bass will perform in Weston this month.
Goldie will perform at the Tropicana on October 16 from 9.30pm-2am.
He will be joined by Grey Code and Medic MC.
Initially gaining exposure for his work as a graffiti artist, Goldie became well known for his pioneering role as a musician in the 1990s UK jungle, drum and bass and breakbeat hardcore scenes.
He released a variety of singles under the pseudonym Rufige Kru and co-founded the label Metalheadz. He later released several albums under his own name, including the 1995 album Timeless, which entered the UK charts at number seven.
The album's title track was a 21-minute symphonic piece, Inner City Life, which reached number 39 in the UK Singles Chart. Timeless helped to popularise drum and bass across the UK.
Tickets, priced £11, are available online at www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Bristol/The-Tropicana/Club-Limbo-Goldie--More/35858727/
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing