What’s on at Banksy’s Dismaland? Round up of evening events...
- Credit: Archant
BANKSY has landed in Weston-super-Mare but there will be more than art available at the Tropicana throughout the next five weeks, with music and comedy also being held at Dismaland.
There will be events taking place every Friday evening throughout the duration of the exhibition, with the chance to see the work of more than 50 artists with a soundtrack of hip-hop or punk music in the background. Here’s our round-up of the events...
August 28: Peanut Butter Wolf, DJ Yoda and Breakbeat Lou.
Dismaland’s first evening of music will take place tomorrow (Friday) with Peanut Butter Wolf, DJ Yoda and Breakbeat Lou performing.
September 4: Run The Jewels.
Hip-hop duo Run The Jewels will be performing at the Tropicana on September 4. The pair are known for their dark and menacing lyrics, which should fit into the Dismaland theme perfectly.
You may also want to watch:
September 11: Katherine Ryan.
An evening of comedy will take place at Banksy’s Dismaland on September 11, with Canadian comedian Katherine Ryan topping the bill.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
She is one of the fastest-rising comedy stars in the country at the moment.
She will be joined by six other performers including MC Roger Monkhouse, Simon Munnery, Ricky Grover, Mick Ferry, Michael Fabbri and Adam Bloom.
September 18: Sleaford Mods and Savages.
Another evening of live music will be held at the Tropicana in Weston-super-Mare on September 18, with Nottingham duo Sleaford Mods and post-punk four-piece Savages performing.
September 25: Massive Attack, Kate Tempest and Pussy Riot.
Dismaland will finish with a huge show on September 25, with musical giants Massive Attack headlining its final evening event.
The group is made up of Del Naja and Grand ‘Daddy G’ Marshall and formed in 1988 in nearby Bristol.
They will also be joined by Mercury-nominated singer Kate Tempest, who is sure to wow the crowd with her gritty lyrics.
Russian group Pussy Riot are also performing on the same night, promising an interactive show for their dismal audience.
Tickets for the evening shows will be available via www.dismaland.co.uk seven days in advance.
Want to get tickets to the exhibition? Find out how here.