WIN: Tickets to Hairspray at The Playhouse
- Credit: Archant
YOU can’t stop the beat in an energetic performance of Hairspray at The Playhouse in Weston.
It is based on the Broadway musical, which was made into a film in 2007 staring Zac Efron and John Travolta.
It tells the story of Baltimore teenager Tracy Turnblad who dreams of being on the Corny Collins Show alongside teen idol Link Larkin.
Hairspray is set in the 1960s and is full of show-stopping numbers including You Can’t Stop The Beat and Good Morning Baltimore.
Worle Operatic and Dramatic Society is producing and performing in the show.
You may also want to watch:
The society won an award for best production last year at the David Beach Awards, which recognises amateur dramatic shows, for its production of Jesus Christ Superstar.
The show will be at The Playhouse on October 1-3 at 7.30pm, with a 2.30pm matinee on October 3.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street
Tickets, priced £15.50-16.50, are available from the box office on 01934 645544 or online at www.theplayhouse.co.uk
* The Mercury has teamed up with The Playhouse to offer three pairs of tickets to Hairspray.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering the competition you agree to be contacted by Archant.
The competition closes at 10am on September 18.