WIN: Tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar
- Credit: Archant
THERE’S a visit from on-high at the Playhouse when one of Britain’s best-loved musicals comes to town.
Jesus Christ Superstar, written by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber, will set your blood racing with its sheer power and emotion, recanting the story of the last week of Jesus’ life based loosely on the gospels’ accounts.
And it is Weston’s very own Worle Operatic and Dramatic Society which brings you these special performances, from October 2 to 4 at 7.30pm, with a Saturday matinee performance at 12.30pm.
One of the original rock operas, first staged on Broadway in 1971, Jesus Christ Superstar is a story seen through Judas Iscariot’s eyes during Jesus’ final days.
It depicts the political unrest caused by his popularity and preaching, and the depth of his struggle with the expectation of the masses.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Pring hits all the right notes in a mesmerising portrayal of Jesus, opposite Dave Bailey as Judas Iscariot. They are complimented by Amy Badman, who gives a heartfelt performance in the role of Mary Magdelene.
Tickets, priced £16.50, are available from the box office on 01934 645544 or via www.theplayhouse.co.uk
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 8 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 9 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 10 Man jailed for knife possession offence
n The Mercury has teamed up with The Playhouse to offer three lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to see Jesus Christ Superstar.
To enter, all you have to do is answer this one simple question: Through whose eyes is this classic rock opera seen through?
Send your answer, plus your name, address, email address and a daytime telephone number, to: Jesus Christ Superstar competition, Weston Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW by 9am on September 24.
You can also enter online by clicking the link in the top-right corner of the page.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant.
n The Mercury had hoped to run a competition to win tickets to see Marcus Collins but decided not to amid doubts over whether the performance would go ahead.