WIN: Tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar
- Credit: Archant
THERE’S a visit from on-high at the Playhouse when one of Britain’s best-loved musicals comes to town.
Jesus Christ Superstar, written by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber, will set your blood racing with its sheer power and emotion, recanting the story of the last week of Jesus’ life based loosely on the gospels’ accounts.
And it is Weston’s very own Worle Operatic and Dramatic Society which brings you these special performances, from October 2 to 4 at 7.30pm, with a Saturday matinee performance at 12.30pm.
One of the original rock operas, first staged on Broadway in 1971, Jesus Christ Superstar is a story seen through Judas Iscariot’s eyes during Jesus’ final days.
It depicts the political unrest caused by his popularity and preaching, and the depth of his struggle with the expectation of the masses.
Ian Pring hits all the right notes in a mesmerising portrayal of Jesus, opposite Dave Bailey as Judas Iscariot. They are complimented by Amy Badman, who gives a heartfelt performance in the role of Mary Magdelene.
Tickets, priced £16.50, are available from the box office on 01934 645544 or via www.theplayhouse.co.uk
- 1 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 2 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 3 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 4 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 5 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Weston AFC are "looking and expecting" to beat Dorchester Town says Bartlett
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
n The Mercury has teamed up with The Playhouse to offer three lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to see Jesus Christ Superstar.
To enter, all you have to do is answer this one simple question: Through whose eyes is this classic rock opera seen through?
Send your answer, plus your name, address, email address and a daytime telephone number, to: Jesus Christ Superstar competition, Weston Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW by 9am on September 24.
You can also enter online by clicking the link in the top-right corner of the page.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant.
n The Mercury had hoped to run a competition to win tickets to see Marcus Collins but decided not to amid doubts over whether the performance would go ahead.