Win tickets to see Denzel Washington return for revenge in The Equalizer 2
- Credit: Archant
A legendary star of action films returns to the big screen this week for the sequel to an explosive blockbuster.
Denzel Washington stars in The Equalizer 2, which hit cinemas this week and the Mercury has two pairs of tickets up for grabs.
The 63-year-old has starred in a seemingly never-ending list of high-octane action films, including the likes of Training Day, Déjà Vu, American Gangster, Unstoppable, and The Taking Of Pelham 123.
The first film was a big hit at the box office, with retired intelligence operative Robert McCall – played by Washington – attempting to leave his career behind him to settle into a more mundane life.
But an encounter with Russian gangsters who have dealt misery to his friends reignites the fire in his belly and he vows to make the bad guys pay for their wrongdoings as a vicious vigilante.
You may also want to watch:
He then journeys to Russia to eliminate the mafiosos who wreaked misery on his pals, but on the completion of his mission he receives a desperate plea for help – which is the focus of the sequel.
The film has been well received by critics, who en masse have hailed the performance of Washington and the long list of action-packed scenes.
Tickets to see the film are available online from www.odeon.co.uk The Mercury has teamed up with Weston Odeon to offer two lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to The Equalizer 2 at a time of your choice.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
To enter the competition, simply answer the question below.
Send your answer, along with your name, address and telephone number to The Equalizer 2 competition, Weston & Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW.
Alternatively, you can enter the competition online via www.westonmercury.co.uk by 10am on August 24.
By entering this competition you agree to be contacted by Archant about it.
Archant competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.