Winscombe choir set to appear on TV as part of St Patrick’s Day celebration
- Credit: Rachel Mason
The non-audition choir group will appear on channel PBS and online in a St Patrick’s Day celebration.
A community choir in Winscombe is set to be broadcast on TV after headlining a concert, in Ireland.
Appearing on Irish television and online, March 17, Winscombe Community Singers will feature in a St Patrick’s Day celebration.
The North Somerset singers travelled to Armagh, Ireland for the performance at St Patrick’s Catholic Cathedral on March 7.
The choir’s musical director, Rachel Mason said: “Being invited to take part in such a prestigious event was such an honour, especially for a non-auditioned choir from a little village in Somerset.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir has previously performed at The Royal Albery Hall, twice, as well as overseas at Carnegie Hall, New York on two occasions and Disneyland Paris.
Rachel added: “To be recognised by international concert organisers as being talented enough to sing alongside professional groups and headline the concert means a lot to us all.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
“It’s a big confidence boost to the choir members and has put Winscombe on the musical map!”
Simon Page, one of the tenors in the choir, said :“performing for a televised concert was wonderful but nerve-wracking so we’re so glad to have Rachel conducting us to make us feel confident and comfortable.”