Next show for WODS confirmed
- Credit: Archant
An amateur dramatics group has announced its autumn show.
Worle Operatic and Dramatic Society (WODS) will perform Evita at Weston's Blakehay Theatre, in Wadham Street, from October 30 to November 2 at 7.30pm, with an additional matinee performance on November 2 at 2.30pm.
Based on Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's musical, Evita chronicles the life of Eva Peron from her humble beginnings to the glitzy heights of leading Argentina through revolution and beyond.
The show is packed with hit songs including Oh What A Circus, Another Suitcase In Another Hall and Don't Cry For Me Argentina.
WODS have also performed The Twelfth Night and Guys And Dolls this year.
You may also want to watch:
Natasha Green will take on the title role.
Tickets, priced £17-18, are available on 01934 645493 or online at www.worleoperatic.co.uk/tickets
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street