WIN: Tickets to WODS’ summer musical extravaganza
- Credit: Archant
An amateur dramatics group will perform a medley of hit songs from the world of musical theatre, and Mercury readers could win tickets to the show.
Worle Operatic and Dramatic Society's (WODS) Musical Theatre Company will perform One Day Only, a musical extravaganza with two shows at the Playhouse, in High Street, on August 25 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.
Audiences will be toe-tapping and dancing in the aisles as the group performs a veritable smorgasbord of songs from the world of musical theatre including We Will Rock You, Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Oliver, all accompanied by a live orchestra.
Performers will also be joined on stage by their junior group, Spectrum Musical Theatre.
This is a long-realised dream for the society as it gives them the chance to sing songs from musicals not available as a full production.
You may also want to watch:
Director Blair Ruddick is looking forward to make a return to Weston's biggest theatre later this month
He said: "It's been non-stop this year.
- 1 Man dies after collision with car
- 2 Revealed: What the Sovereign Centre will look like after £1.7million facelift
- 3 Sisters take on Weston walk in father’s memory
- 4 Worle pub due to be a nursery up for sale
- 5 Flood alleviation scheme on outskirts of Weston completed
- 6 Weston RNLI given over £4,000 from major technology firm
- 7 Man arrested after vigilant witness reports suspicious activity
- 8 One-way scheme improves safety outside primary school
- 9 Reading befriending programme to launch in North Somerset
- 10 Weston police officer faces misconduct hearing after alleged racist comments
"We've already done a show at The Playhouse in 2019, so to be getting ready to go back again so soon is an absolute thrill.
"There is something for everyone in this production. If you love musicals you will love this show.
"We will be revisiting some of our favourite past musicals and have more than 30 songs in our set list at the moment.
"It's going to be epic."
WODS have also performed The Twelfth Night and Guys And Dolls this year.
Tickets for the two shows, priced £10-11.50 with a family ticket for two adults and two children costing £35, are available at www.playhouse.co.uk or from the box office on 01934 645544.
The Mercury has teamed up with WODS to offer two readers a pair of tickets to either the matinee or evening show.
To enter the competition, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on August 8.
Send your answer - along with your name, address and telephone number - to: One Day Only competition, Weston & Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW.
Usual Archant competition rules apply, and the editor's decision is final.
By entering the competition, you agree to be contacted about it by Archant and the Playhouse.