Five Things To Do This Weekend - bank holiday events to enjoy
PUBLISHED: 18:11 03 May 2019
With Easter falling later in the year, we have only just been treated to a bank holiday weekend and luckily there is another one already.
Over Saturday, Sunday and Monday there is a series of great activities to enjoy.
* North Somerset Arts Week began today (Friday).
Artists, photographers, sculptors and other crafters will be exhibiting their wares until May 12.
The Weston Mercury has a full preview in this week's paper.
* If the bank holiday inspires you to get out into the garden, then a plant sale at the weekend may prove handy.
Hutton's village hall, in Main Road, will be packed with floral offerings on Saturday and Sunday.
The event will run from 10am-2pm on Saturday and 10am to noon on Sunday.
* Fans of The King will be able to enjoy an Elvis tribute night in Worle on Saturday.
Emilio Santoro will sing songs from Elvis Presley's early years at The But Tree, in Ebdon Road, from 8-11pm.
* A familiar face from the world of television will be on stage in Weston on Sunday night.
Have I Got News For You's Paul Merton will be joined at The Playhouse by Lee Simpson, Richard Vranch, Suki Webster, Mike McShane and Kirsty Newton for a night of improvised comedy.
The show will start at 8pm at the High Street theatre.
Tickets, priced £23-25, are available at www.theplayhouse.co.uk or on 01934 645544.
* One of the district's biggest events will take place on Monday.
The North Somerset Show, in Wraxall, sees thousands of people attend every year.
The region's agricultural heritage will be celebrated with trade stalls, animal displays and a whole lot more besides.
It promises to be a fantastic weekend at the North Somerset Showground, off the B3130.
Tickets, priced £6-18, can be bought online at www.nsas.og.uk/north-somerset-show or on the day.
The show will run from 9am-5pm.