5 Things To Do This Weekend - classic cars and ex-Tory MP on tour
PUBLISHED: 16:59 26 April 2019 | UPDATED: 17:28 29 April 2019
Unfortunately, this is a rare weekend where there is not a bank holiday, however there are still plenty of events taking place to keep you busy.
* Ever fancied giving bowling a go? If so, Victoria Bowling Club will be hosting a taster day for players on Saturday.
The club, in Albert Quadrant, will be open from 10am to noon.
For more, details call 01934 623993.
* A quiz night will be held in Worle on Saturday.
Kenya Hope will be raising money at The Woodspring, in High Street, from 7-9.30pm.
It only costs £2 per person to enter and the money will go to the charity's work in Africa.
* Ann Widdecombe will be in Weston this weekend.
The former Conservative MP, and latterly infamous Strictly Come Dancing contestant, will be talking at The Blakehay Theatre, in Wadham Street, on Saturday night.
An Evening With Ann Widdecombe will begin at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £15, are available at www.blakehaytheatre.co.uk
* A music concert will be held on Saturday evening at a church in Yatton.
Piano duo Yulia Chaplina and Jonathan Deakin will be performing at St Mary's Church, in Church Road, at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £8-10, will be available on the door on the night, or from the church office in the lead up to the concert.
* If you do not mind a small trip, there promises to be a great event in Clevedon this weekend.
A fundraiser for Children's Hospice South West will see classic cars lined up on the seafront.
Clevedon Lions' event, on the Salthouse Fields, will run from 12.30-5pm, on Sunday.
For a full round-up of what is happening, see tomorrow's (Thursday's) Weston Mercury.