WIN: Tickets to Wedmore Arts Festival
PUBLISHED: 12:15 25 May 2017
Wedmore Arts Festival will offer something for everyone this year, with more than 20 different shows taking place in July.
Poets, actors, bands, singers and comedians hope to dazzle audiences across the event’s different stages.
Highlights of the village festival, which begins on July 6, will include:
– Wedmore Opera will perform The Pirates Of Penzance by Gilbert and Sullivan from July 6-8. The show will be in Wedmore Village Hall, in Cheddar Road, at 7.30pm each night.
– Marie Vassiliou will sing a selection of her favourite summer songs on July 8. Marie will perform at St Mary’s Church, in Manor Lane, at 4.45pm.
– Richard Lennox will take to his piano and perform music from Bach to The Beatles on July 10. His concert will take place at St Mary’s Church, beginning at noon.
– Blaze, a soprano and string quartet, will perform a variety of music at St Mary’s Church at 7.30pm on July 11.
– Poetry-play, The Magnetic Diaries, will be performed by Sarah James at the village hall at 7.30pm on July 13.
– Comedian Simon Evans has starred in Live At The Apollo and Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Road Show and will take to a Wedmore stage on July 14. He will be at the village hall at 7.30pm.
Wedmore Arts Festival will take place at venues across the village from July 6-15.
Entry to some events is free, but tickets to paid events, priced £5-20, are available from 01934 807229 or online via www.wedmoreartsfestival.co.uk
The Weston Mercury has teamed up with the Wedmore Arts Festival to offer two lucky readers a pair of tickets to an evening show of their choice.
This competition will close at 10am on June 2.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant, and by the festival organisers.
Thanks for your interest but this competition has now closed