This weekend’s fireworks fun
PUBLISHED: 12:30 01 November 2010 | UPDATED: 16:22 04 November 2010
THE skies above Somerset will be filled with flashing lights and loud bangs this weekend as bonfire night gets off to an explosive start.
Fireworks displays have been planned for towns and villages across the area as part of an action-packed Guy Fawkes weekend.
Displays will be held at the following places:
• Puxton Park – November 5 – gates open at 6pm and fireworks start at 8.15pm. Tickets, available from reception, are £4 or £5 on the night.
• Weston Rugby Club – November 4 – gates open at 6pm and fireworks start at 7.30pm. Tickets in advance from the club, or on the night, will be £3 for adults, £2 for children and free for those aged under two.
• Weston Cricket Club – November 6 – gates open at 6pm and fireworks start at 7.15pm. Tickets, priced £10 for a family, £5 for adults, £3 for children and free for those aged under three, will be available on the door.
• Locking Primary School – November 6 – gates open at 6pm and fireworks start at 7pm. Tickets, priced £6 for a family, £3 per adult, £2 per child and free for pre-school children, will be available on the night.
• Sharpham Road Playing Fields, Cheddar – November 6 – gates open at 6pm and fireworks start at 7.30pm. Tickets, priced £10 for a family and £3 for individuals when bought in advance, are available Woodbury Insurance and Deane’s Outfitters in Bath Street.
• Yatton Rugby Club – November 5 – gates open at 5.30pm and fireworks start at 6.30pm. Tickets, priced £4 or £12 for a family when bought in advance, are available from the post office or Clive’s Newsagents.
* To include details of your display in this week’s paper email email@example.com
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.