Five things to do this weekend in Weston-super-Mare
PUBLISHED: 17:19 24 November 2017 | UPDATED: 11:45 27 November 2017
With Christmas just around the corner - well, December at least - this weekend's events have a distinctly festive feel.
Here is a rundown of the best events taking place:
* Everyone knows the weekend really begins on Friday night and thanks to Worlebury Golf Club there is an excellent excuse for a tipple and a flutter this week.
The sports club, in Monks Hill, will hold a race night and it will be under starter’s orders tonight at 7pm.
Tickets, priced £10, can be booked by emailing email@example.com
All the money raised will go to Weston General Hospital’s scanner appeal so even if you fail to beat the ‘bookies’, you will be losing for a good cause.
* Another worthy organisation is set to benefit from a Christmas fair in Hutton on Saturday.
The village hall, in Main Road, will hold a Christmas fair from 10am to noon and organisers hope to raise a pretty penny for Weston Hospicecare.
* The festivities continue with a fun-sounding elf hunt on Saturday.
Weston’s Ashcombe Park will host the family-friendly event.
A spokesman for the event said: “Elf in the House is hosting an elf hunt where some mischievous elves will be hiding in the park for you to find.
“This year the elves will be having lots of fun in the park and can’t wait to see you all there.
“After you find all 12 sets of mischievous elves, their village and lots of elf doors why not try your hand at making some yummy magic reindeer food to take home and leave out on Christmas Eve for Santa’s reindeer?”
The event is suitable for children aged two and older.
Tickets, priced £7.50, can be bought at www.ticketor.com/elfinthehouse
* A Madness tribute act will perform live in Weston to raise money for the Birnbeck Regeneration Trust. Doors to the working men’s club, in Orchard Street, will open at 8pm.
Tickets, priced £10, will be sold on the door but for a 20 per cent discount email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
* On Sunday afternoon, Kewstoke Village Hall, in Crookes Lane, will host a craft fair and tea room from 2-4pm.