What's on this T4 weekend?
PUBLISHED: 05:09 30 June 2012
ARGUABLY Weston's biggest weekend of the year has arrived with thousands of music lovers set to descend to the seaside town for T4 On The Beach. But for those of you who do not know your Little Mix from your Pick 'n' Mix do not despair there are many other treats on this weekend.
* Weston – Corpus Christi Church in Ellenborough Park South will hold a car boot sale and tabletop sale at 8.45am.
* Banwell – Springboard Charity looks set to benefit today from a coffee morning held at the Westfield Road village hall from 10am to noon. Home-made cakes mean it is an event not to be missed.
* Cleeve – A craft and cream tea event will be held in aid of Children’s Hospice South West today and tomorrow from 10am-8pm. It will take place at 3 Bishops Mead.
* Wedmore – A street fair will be held this morning at 10am in The Borough. This year’s theme is diamonds and the Burtle Silver Band will play throughout the day. Stalls, demonstrations and a pig roast will be on offer too.
* Kewstoke – Worle Junior Football Club will celebrate its 40th anniversary at noon with matches featuring past and present players at noon today at Kewstoke village hall in Crookes Lane.
* Sandford – The primary school’s summer fair will take place today at 2pm. Taking place at the school in Greenhill Road, it will feature live music, beer and a barbecue.
* Worle – St Martin’s School in Spring Hill will hold an Olympic fete from 2-4pm today. Bouncy castles, barbecues, prizes and displays will take place.
* Hutton – A production of Arsenic And Old Lace will be held at the village hall in Main Road tonight. Tickets for the 7.30pm show cost £8 on the door.
* Axbridge – Pygmalion will be staged at the town hall in The Square tonight at 7.30pm. Tickets, priced £5-10, are available from Axbridge Butchers, the post office or by calling 01934 732822.
* Cheddar – If you want some free family fun then head down to Kings Fitness and Leisure Centre in Station Road between 10am-4pm. An assault course, bouncy castle, face painting and sporting events will all be open for your pleasure.
* Shipham – Kids at Church will hold songs, games, crafts and cakes for the little ones at St Leonard’s Church in Cuck Hill. It starts at 10am.
* Blagdon – Some nice weather will make the Holt Farm Organic Garden in Bath Road’s open day a lovely spectacle. The gardens will be open from 2-5pm in aid of Weston Hospicecare.
* Hutton – Maintaining the green-fingered theme an open garden event will be held at 3 Palmers Way from 2-5.30pm. Admission price is £3 and there will be plenty of goodies available on the day.
* Hutton – A car boot sale will take place in St Mary’s Field, St Marys Road, from 2-4pm.
* Weston – Quizzers should head to The Windsor Castle pub in Upper Bristol Road at 7.30pm for the Worle Lions Club’s quiz.
And of course the small matter of T4 comes to Weston tomorrow. For your full and comprehensive guide of what is happening and when follow the link on the right-hand side.
If you have an event going on why not let us know by calling 01934 422500 or emailing email@example.com. Alternatively tell everyone about it by visiting the Mercury Facebook page.
And if you see anything this weekend, whether it be breaking news, a beautiful sunset, or something a little bit unusual, why not add it to our interactive iwitness24 website at weston.iwitness24.co.uk