What's on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 07:15 01 October 2011
HAVING been stuck in the office while the sun has been shining all week thankfully the weekend has finally arrived. Undoubtedly the seafront will be busy as we all lap up the last few rays of 2011 but what else is on this weekend:
* AXBRIDGE – A farmer’s market is being held at The Square this morning from 9am-1pm with many local delicacies on offer including from Pie Minister and the Somerset Cheese Company.
* CONGRESBURY – Kids this morning can take part in apple pressing with the Congresbury Youth Partnership at Rownton Cottage. Children should meet at the youth club in Kent Road at 9.30am before walking down and will meet back there at 3pm. It costs £2 per person and includes lunch.
* HUTTON – The market takes place at the village hall in main Road from 9.30am to noon this morning.
* VARIOUS – The world’s biggest coffee morning takes place this weekend in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support. Check out this week’s Mercury for full listings.
* WINSCOMBE – The community centre in Sandford Road is holding a jumble sale on behalf of Cheddar Valley Railway Walk society who are collecting funds for the Strawberry Line. The sale starts at 2pm.
* LOCKING CASTLE – All new mums and dads or prospective parents should head down to the Campus in Highlands Lane from 2pm this afternoon for a nearly new baby and toddler sale. With the price of items soaring all the time you may be able to pick up a bargain or two.
* SANDFORD – A traditional harvest supper will be served up tonight from 7pm at the village hall in Greenfield Road. Tickets cost £2.50-6 and are available from Eileen on 01934 822433 or from Margaret on 01934 822389.
* WRINGTON – Paris meets North Somerset tonight as the WI holds a French-themed quiz at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall in Silver Street. If you do not know your Thierry Henry’s from your Jacques Chirac’s fear not there is at least a supper available. Tickets cost £7.50 and are available from Jenny on 01934 862827 or Veronica on 862646.
* CLEEVE – The Friends of Cleeve Over Sixties (FOCOS) will be hosting a bingo night at the Sinclair Pavilion, in Main Road. at 7.15pm. Tickets are £6, including six games of bingo and a two-course hot supper and available by calling the FOCOS on 01934 838515 or 01934 833268.
* VARIOUS – It is the final day of the Made in North Somerset event. Check out www.innorthsomerset.co.uk/madein for more details.