What's on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 07:30 08 October 2011
EVERYTHING from racing on the beach to bracing yourself for the Christmas period is on offer this weekend in and around Weston.
If you are looking for something to keep you occupied over the weekend then have a look and see if one of these events takes your fancy.
* WESTON – The annual Beach Race takes place this weekend which is sure to bring thrills and spills in equal measure. It all kicks-off at 9am this morning but for more details on the two-day event check out our preview piece by following the link on the right-hand side.
* WESTON – The Italian Gardens will host a farmers’ market this morning from 9am. The venue, just off High Street, will stay open until 12.30pm.
* CLEEVE – The two-day village flower show takes place weekend at Holy Trinity Church in Main Street. Today the show will run between 10am-4pm and tomorrow from noon to 4pm.
* CHURCHILL – For those of you interested in getting a Christmas bargain before everyone else you might want to head down to the Methodist Church in Front Street today. Doors open from 10.30am-2pm and there will be a charity car wash on site too.
* WEDMORE – A charity auction is being held this morning from 10.45am at the village hall in Cheddar Road. All the quality items will be on display from 8am for prospective bidders to have a look.
* WESTON – A ‘massive’ zumba extravaganza is set to take over Weston FC today from noon until 2pm. The club in Winterstoke Road are hosting the event which it is hoped will raise money for the Cots For Tots Appeal. Entry costs £5.
* UPHILL – There will be plenty of goods on offer at today’s Autumn Fair that is happening at Victory Hall in Church Road. Stalls will be open from 2-4.30pm.
* WINSCOMBE – A jumble sale in aid of Weston Cats Protection takes place at the community centre in Sandford Road at 2pm.
* WESTON – Following the earlier zumba session, the football club revert back to more normal territory with a home game against Sutton United. Kick-off is at 3pm down at the Woodspring Stadium and to read about their successful FA Cup run follow the link on the right-hand side.
* CHEDDAR – With the sunny spell seemingly gone thoughts are inevitably turning towards autumn and no more so than at the Methodist Church in Cliff Street. They will be holding a special seasonal concert tonight at 7pm to raise money for Somerset Sight. There will be various acts including a singing choir, hand bell ringing, comedy and dancing. For more information call Lin Taylor on 01934 732175.
* ST GEORGES – Quiz enthusiasts should head to the community centre in Willow Close this evening because a charity event is being held from 7.30pm. Tickets cost £5 per person, which includes a supper as well as quiz entry and are on sale from Marian on 01934 521780 or Jean on 01934 626304. The money raised will go to the RNLI
* WESTON – Beach Race. See Saturday for more details.
* CLEEVE – Flower Show. See Saturday for more details.
* WESTON – Depending on how the rugby finishes this morning Welsh wizard Byron Jones may be in a good mood but regardless of that he will be performing live at Odeon tomorrow from 2pm on behalf of the West of England Theatre Organ Society. Tickets cost £7 and visit www.odeon.co.uk for more details.