What's on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 07:31 22 October 2011
AT last the weekend has arrived so if you are looking for something to do to unwind after a busy week at work, why not check out what is on in your area?
* BLAGDON – Too early for Christmas? Not in Blagdon where the Mendip Christmas fair takes place this weekend at Lakewood Conference Centre in Rhodyate. The two-day event runs from 10am-5pm today and 10am-4pm tomorrow (Sun). Entry is £4 for over-16s with the money going to charity.
* WORLE – If Blagdon is a little too far out for you then why not try Worle’s pre-Christmas bazaar. Shoppers can pick up an early bargain or two from 10am-2pm at the community centre in Lawrence Road.
* HUTTON – The Poppy Appeal is launched today with a coffee morning from 10am to noon in the village hall in Main Road. There will be a parade of standards and various stalls to raise money for the charity.
* WESTON – St Saviour’s Church Hall in Locking Road will be holding a fete today from 10.30am-12.30pm.
* WESTON – A children’s fun day will take place this morning in Walliscote Road at Clarence Park Baptist Church. The fun-filled activities, singing and dancing takes place between 10.30am until noon.
* WESTON – It is back to league football today for Weston this weekend after they kept their winning cup run going last Saturday. Eastbourne Borough are today’s visitors for the 3pm kick-off. Click on the link on the right-hand side for last weekend’s match report.
* BERROW – If you fancy yourself as a quiz expert, head down to the village hall, in Parsonage Road, tonight from 7pm. Entry costs £2 for adults and £1 for teenagers aged 14-16 and under-14s are free. With a cash prize of £50 up for grabs do you fancy your chances?
* WESTON – Music lovers might want to check out tonight’s brass band concert. It all kicks-off at 7.30pm at Victoria Methodist Church in Station Road and tickets cost £5 on the door.
* REDHILL – Two fat ladies will be making an appearance in Redhill tonight as the village hall in Church Road holds a bingo evening. Players will need to keep their eyes down from 8pm and entry costs 30p. For more information call 01934 862619.
* WESTON – Fitness fanatics can take part in an aquathon in aid of Bone Cancer Research Trust tomorrow morning. Registration for the two-lap 250m swim followed by a 2.5km run begins at 10.30am at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre. It costs £20 for a team of three to enter and for more information call Michelle on 07811 460848.
* WESTON – Believe it or not the rebuilt Grand Pier celebrates its first birthday today so why not pop down and join in the fun!