What's on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 07:41 21 January 2012
MID-JANUARY is meant to be the bleakest time of the year, but you wouldn't know it given some of the events going on this weekend.
* BLEADON – Coronation Road will hold a market from 9am-12.30pm offering crafts, collectibles and local produce.
* WESTON – The sea cadets will hold a nearly-new sale at their Sunnyside Road North HQ at 10am-1pm. Entry is 20p.
* CLAVERHAM – The village hall will host its regular market from 10am to noon in Bishops Road.
* LANGFORD – The Powerhouse Café will hold a coffee morning from 10.30am to noon today. As well as food and drink, games will be on hand for the kids at St Mary’s Church in Fry’s Lane.
* CHURCHILL – A nice scenic walk will take place around the area organsied by the Mendip Society at 1.30pm. It will be five miles long and walkers will meet at the clock tower. For further details call 01934 843789.
* WORLE – A free family film night will be held at St Martin’s Church in Church Road at 5.45pm.
* HUTTON – The traditional wassail event comes to the village today and all the fun starts at 6pm at 15A Moorcroft Road before moving to the Walnut Barn and the village hall. Tickets cost £2 for kids and £5 for adults and are available by calling 01934 812507. And anyone interested might want to check out what wassailing events took place last weekend by checking out the link on the right-hand side.
* SHIPHAM – Quizzers should head to the village hall in New Road at 7pm tonight for a charity quiz. The RNLI will be the main beneficiaries should you decide to, with the tickets, priced £6, available from Tina on 01934 842304. A ploughman’s supper is included.
* WICK ST LAWRENCE – Alternatively why not try the quiz at Wick St Lawrence starting at 7pm too. Tickets cost £2.50 but include nibbles and are available by calling 01934 515716. It will take place at the village hall in Wick Road and money will go towards the church.
.* CONGRESBURY – A Burns Night spectacular is being held at Cadbury House tonight at 7pm. For more details follow the link on the right-hand side.
* REDHILL – Two little ducks will be heard but not seen tonight at the village club bingo night. It starts at 8pm at the village hall in Church Road
* WESTON – Volunteers from across the region will congregate at the Winter Gardens from noon to 4pm for the Your North Somerset event. For more details follow the link.
Last week we told you that the first lambs of 2012 would be making an appearance at Puxton Park and those of you that went were not disappointed. For all the pictures check out our online gallery.
If we have missed something this weekend why not let us know and send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org