What’s on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 03:10 05 May 2012
A BANK Holiday weekend means there is plenty of free time to be had so why not entertain yourself and pop down to one of these regional events.
* Wedmore – A May fair will be held this morning at St Mary’s Church in Manor Lane from 9am to noon.
* Hutton – The village hall in Church Lane will hold a market from 9.30am to noon.
* Axbridge – A street market, live music, kids’ disco and fireworks will be set off at the Somerset Showcase today from 10am-11pm in The Square.
* Banwell – A village hall fundraiser will be held from 10am to noon. The hall, in Westfield Road, will sell plants, bric-a-brac and home-made cakes. Entry is 20p and will go to the local scouts and guides.
* Burnham – Various stalls will be open as the Methodist Church in College Street holds a coffee morning from 10am to noon.
* Cheddar – A plant sale and coffee morning will be held at Sedany, in The Street, at 10am.
* Weston – Chaplaincy about Town will hold a coffee morning at the Boulevard United Reformed Church in Waterloo Street from 10-2pm. Gifts will also be on sale.
* Weston – The Beach Lawns will host the Harley Davidson Cider Rally Parade from 10.30am this morning.
* Mark – A Wildlife Trust fundraiser will be held today when a plant sale and open garden event is held at Rookery house in The Causeway from 10.30am-1pm. Plants, cakes and exhibitions will be on offer throughout the day. Entry, priced at £2, includes a hot drink.
* Sandford – The village and district gardening club will hold a plant sale at the Railway Inn in Station Road from 10.30-11.30am.
* Puxton – Young DJ Jack Hill will be performing a charity gig at Puxton Park at 1pm.
* East Huntspill – A May fair will be held at the Church Hall in Church Lane at 2pm. Cakes, raffles, stalls, games and much more will be on offer throughout the afternoon with proceeds going to All Saints Church.
* Locking – A plant and craft sale will be held at the village hall in Grenville Avenue from 2-4pm. Entry is free.
* Hutton – The village horticultural society will hold a plant sale today from 2.30-5pm and 9am to noon tomorrow. It will be at the village hall in Church Lane.
* Weston – A Royal British Legion Rally for Heroes Event will take place from 10am-3pm at the Beach Lawns tomorrow.
* Badgworth – ‘A Feast of Flowers’ is promised at St Congar’s Church in Church Lane. A Songs of Praise service will be held at 11.30am followed by a ploughman’s lunch at 12.30pm. Tickets are priced £1.50-£3.
* Weston – A pub quiz is in store at the Windsor Castle pub in Upper Bristol Road at 7.30pm. The Worle Lions organised event costs £2.50, including food but if you win there is a cash jackpot up for grabs.
If you have an event going on why not let us know by calling 01934 422500 or emailing email@example.com. Alternatively tell everyone about it by visiting the Mercury Facebook page.
And if you see anything this weekend, whether it be breaking news, a beautiful sunset, or something a little bit unusual, why not add it to our new interactive iwitness24 website at http://weston.iwitness24.co.uk
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.