What's on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 06:40 09 June 2012
HUDNREDS of people will be praying this evening that this 'traditional' British summer weather passes so the many great events across the region can go ahead as planned.
* Congresbury – The fortnightly book sale offering DVDs, games, jigsaws and a wide selection of reading material will start at 9am in the War Memorial hall in High Street.
* Weston – Emmanuel Church in Oxford Street has a coffee morning from 9.30am-12.30pm.
* Bournville – Despite the rain it is meant to be summer so the For All Healthy Living Centre in Lonsdale Road will try to lift the gloom with its Grand Summer Fair today. From 10am-2pm several stalls will open selling a variety of goods.
* Mark – A plant sale will take place at Rookery House in The Causeway from 10.30am-1pm. Entry will be £2, including a hot drink. Cakes will be on sale too.
* Hutton – Brambleside in Eastfield Road will hold a coffee morning from 10.30am to noon in aid of Clean Water for Dabaso. Cakes and plants are just some of the things on sale.
* Weston – An open garden event will be held at 6 Matthews Close from 10.30am-3.30pm. Entry costs £3 with proceeds going to Children’s Hospice South West.
* Claverham – Prepare to be transported back in time as music from the 1930s, 40s and 50s greet everyone at St Barnabas Church at its annual fete. It starts at 2pm.
* East Huntspill – Strawberry teas will be served at Cote Farm in Burtle Road from 3pm.
* Berrow – While the main jubilee celebrations took place last week, St Mary’s music group and the Berrow handbell ringers will try to keep the feel good factor going with their own concert this evening. It will be held at St Mary’s Church in Coast Road from 7-8.30pm and admission is free.
* Weston – Ever fancied doing some tai chi? No me neither but tomorrow may be the day to give it a whirl with a free taster session in Grove Park from 10am to noon. It is being held near the bandstand.
* Weston – A taste of the American dream will be on offer when Corpus Christi Church hold a parish picnic at Ellenborough Park following the 10.30am mass tomorrow.
* Kewstoke – Cream teas, a children’s fun train and a bouncy pirate ship are just some of the things on offer at a tabletop sale tomorrow. The Crookes Lane village hall will be open from 11am-3pm. Entry is 20p per person or 50p per family.
If you have an event going on why not let us know by calling 01934 422500 or emailing email@example.com. Alternatively tell everyone about it by visiting the Mercury Facebook page.
And if you see anything this weekend, whether it be breaking news, a beautiful sunset, or something a little bit unusual, why not add it to our new interactive iwitness24 website at http://weston.iwitness24.co.uk