What's on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 05:00 15 September 2012
A REAL good mix of events are being held over the weekend as summer meets autumn with everything from family fun days to ale festivals taking place.
* Churchill – Ever fancied having a ski without paying hundreds of pounds to travel to France, Switzerland or the US? Well Churchill ski centre is holding an open day from 9am-6pm today. Activities and stalls will be open too make a great day for the whole family.
* Bleadon – The regular village market rolls into town from 9am-12.30pm today. More than 30 stalls will sell produce, gifts, crafts and much more at Coronation Hall in Coronation Road.
* Congresbury – Bargains aplenty will be available at a car boot sale this morning. From 9.30am to noon St Andrew’s Church in Station Road will play host to it.
* Claverham – The village hall in Bishops Road will host its monthly market today too from 10am to noon.
* East Huntspill – Yummy cakes will be on sale at the church hall in Church Street from 10am.
* Hutton – A grand auction is scheduled for 10am at the village hall today in Main Road. All the profits will go towards Weston Hospicecare.
* Axbridge – Fancy a stroll this afternoon? Well the Mendip Society will hold a eight-mile walk across beautiful countryside. Ramblers should meet at The Square at 2pm and should be suitable dressed for a hike. It costs £2.
* Brent Knoll – A family fun day will be held in the fields of Battleborough Lane at 2pm today.
* Hutton – An autumnal harvest festival will be held at the St Marys Road scout hut today and tomorrow. This evening a supper will be held at 7pm and at 9.30am tomorrow a communion service will take place.
* Shipham – Many of us would sure love to find a way of drinking and keeping fit and thankfully a novel way has been found. The village hall in New Road will hold a race night at 7.30pm - but you have to put the effort in. The faster you pedal the better chance you have of winning! All proceeds go to the preschool and primary school. Tickets, priced £10, are available by calling 07887 854851.
* Redhill – An entertaining cabaret will be staged at Redhill Club in Church Street tonight at 8pm. Robb Dee will be performing live and it is free to go along so why not give it a try.
* Uphill – Vital funds will be raised for the British Heart Foundation the Weston General Hospital’s oncology department when a family walk takes place. It starts at the hospital to the Grand Pier. It starts at 11am. Registration costs £5 and can be done by calling 01892 893918.
* West Huntspill – A treasure hunt will be held at the Balliol Hall in Church Road tomorrow at 2.30pm. The cost is £2.50 for adults and just £1 for children.