What’s on this weekend? - Armed Forces Day
PUBLISHED: 05:08 23 June 2012
ARMED Forces Day is the headline act this weekend so it is time to put the work suit away for a couple of days, escape the tedious 9-5 routine and have a good time.
With many enjoyable summer fetes on, you are sure to find something in your neighbourhood to keep you entertained.
* Congresbury – The regular book sale will take place at the War Memorial hall in High Street at 9am. Books, DVDs and jigsaws will also be on the sale.
* Winscombe – There will be a day of jubilee entertainment at Winscombe Primary School in Moorham Road from 11am-5pm. Musical performances and exemplary displays will be added to by tombolas and other stalls. Entry is free.
* Weston – A ‘right royal fete’ will take place at Corpus Christi Church in Ellenborough Park South from 11am-4pm. There will be a royal theme and a fancy dress competition for the little ‘uns.
* Berrow – It is time for tea as the Berrow and Burnham Fundraising Group holds a fundraiser for Marie Curie Cancer Care today. It will be held at New Cote, in Brent Road today from 2-5pm.
* Rowberrow – A fancy dress parade, face painting, sports games and a whole lot more will be on offer at Rowberrow Manor in Rowberrow Lane at 2.15pm. Entry is 50p but prizes are up for grabs, including a holiday in Cornwall.
And of course the Armed Forces Day will mean plenty of events will be happening across Weston this weekend. For more details follow the link on the right-hand side.
If you have an event going on why not let us know by calling 01934 422500 or emailing email@example.com. Alternatively tell everyone about it by visiting the Mercury Facebook page.
And if you see anything this weekend, whether it be breaking news, a beautiful sunset, or something a little bit unusual, why not add it to our interactive iwitness24 website at weston.iwitness24.co.uk