What's on this weekend - lambing and rallying
PUBLISHED: 06:41 14 January 2012 | UPDATED: 11:38 14 January 2012
VARIOUS shenanigans are taking place over the weekend ranging from baby lambs to motorsport. Sadly the two are not at the same time - though producers of Top Gear are no doubt thinking about it.
* HEWISH – Puxton Park will hold lambing sessions all day to allow the kids a chance to interact with the animals. Our photographer Mark will be heading down so if you see him make sure you get in his photos and you may find yourself in next week’s paper!
* CONGRESBURY – The fortnightly book sale will take place at the war memorial hall in High Street from 9am-1pm. A good chance to pick up a bargain or two.
* CHEDDAR – Keen ornithologists can take part in a walk near the reservoir this morning with Weston RSPB. To book a place call Don on 01934 842717. The group will meet at 10am in the Cheddar car park.
* YATTON – The village market comes to town today from 10am to noon at the village hall in High Street.
* BLAGDON and WRINGTON – The annual wassail will be held from noon today at the New Inn and Barley Wood respectively.
* AXBRIDGE – Those of you who have admirably stuck to your New Year’s Resolution for a whole fortnight may fancy taking part in a six-mile walk around Cheddar reservoir this afternoon. The Mendip Society is meeting at 1.30pm in The Square. For more details call Jo on 07932 728617.
* WESTON – The old airfield will host more than 50 competitors as the motor club holds its first rally of 2012. There is no entry charge but parking near the helicopter museum will cost £5 with the money going to charity. It starts at 10am.
* WESTON – A spectacular model railway in aid of Weston Hospicecare will take place tomorrow at the Campus from 10am-4.30pm. Admission is £2-4 and there is a family discount available.
Have you got something on this weekend? If so let us know and send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org