Five things to do this weekend – Halloween and food festival
PUBLISHED: 16:13 26 October 2018 | UPDATED: 16:19 26 October 2018
There is a spooky feel to some of the activities taking place in and around Weston this weekend.
But if you are not into trick or treating, then there are plenty of other events taking place as well.
* Halloween has arrived at the Grand Pier, with lots of ghostly creatures adorning the attraction.
The pier’s Halloween Unfairground opened yesterday (Thursday) and will be in action until October 31.
Tickets, priced £12.50, are available at www.grandpier.co.uk
* Food-lovers are in for a treat this weekend.
The team behind eat:Weston will bring a festival to Burnham on Saturday.
More than 130 traders are signed up for the event, which wee see locally-produced and sourced cheeses, pastries, meat and more from 9am-5pm.
* Beautiful flowers will be on show at Yatton’s autumnal show this weekend.
Yatton Horticultural Society’s exhibition will be held in the village hall, in The Causeway.
Stunning floral displays, tasty food creations and more will be available for the public to see.
The show, on Saturday, will start at 2pm.
Admission costs £1 for over-16s.
* The Bristol Camper Company will host an open day on Saturday from 2-4pm at its base in Peartree Industrial Estate, in Bath Road.
The event is free to pop along to but a collection will be held for the family of Luke Rooke who died.
* Is it too soon to mention Christmas?
Well, with just two months to go until the big day there is a craft event in Weston this weekend.
The cricket club, in Devonshire Road, will be open from 1-4.30pm on Sunday.
Funds raised from the event will be donated to the Samaritans.
For a full list of events taking place in North Somerset, pick up a copy of the Weston Mercury. Heading to an event this weekend? Remember to upload your photos to weston.iwitness24.co.uk