Hospice supporter raises £10k with 1960s nights
- Credit: Archant
A Weston Hospicecare supporter has raised more than £10,000 in five years with 1960s music nights.
David Kingsbury has recently been presented with a Community Champions award by Weston's MP John Penrose in recognition of his fundraising efforts for Weston Hospicecare.
Each year David organises the All Sixties Night on behalf of the charity and this May the event raised £2,236 for the hospice.
He said: "I have been organising the All Sixties Nights for five years and they have been getting better and better.
"I remember the first one I organised I had no sponsors and put my own money in."
Dave has been volunteering for the hospice for more than 14 years.
Weston Hospicecare's director of fundraising Mark Flower praised David for his 'incredible' efforts.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "To raise £10,000 to support the care we give to people with life-limiting illnesses is incredible and greatly appreciated by everyone connected to the hospice."
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 4 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years