Council contractor ‘will redo’ wonky yellow line to combat seafront parking
- Credit: Archant
A wonky yellow line painted on a road in Kewstoke will be corrected, according to North Somerset Council.
A single yellow line was painted in Beach Road last week, but the authority’s contractor failed to line it up straight, painting around a sand drift.
Parking charges around the Sand Bay area came into effect on March 13 and apply from 8am-6pm, seven days a week.
The car park near the Commodore Hotel end was tidied up and its spaces were widened in February.
The council also made major improvements which included a revamped Sand Road car park and bus terminus area.
A council spokesman said: “Painting lines on a sandy seafront location is always going to be challenging.
“In this case, the lines are a wobble too far and we will be asking our contractor to redo them as soon as possible.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 6 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 7 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision
- 10 Another weather warning issued for Somerset
“We might even give them some extra lines to do for homework.”