Council contractor ‘will redo’ wonky yellow line to combat seafront parking
- Credit: Archant
A wonky yellow line painted on a road in Kewstoke will be corrected, according to North Somerset Council.
A single yellow line was painted in Beach Road last week, but the authority’s contractor failed to line it up straight, painting around a sand drift.
Parking charges around the Sand Bay area came into effect on March 13 and apply from 8am-6pm, seven days a week.
The car park near the Commodore Hotel end was tidied up and its spaces were widened in February.
The council also made major improvements which included a revamped Sand Road car park and bus terminus area.
A council spokesman said: “Painting lines on a sandy seafront location is always going to be challenging.
“In this case, the lines are a wobble too far and we will be asking our contractor to redo them as soon as possible.
- 1 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 2 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 3 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 4 Rail workers stage walkout in Weston for better working conditions and job security
- 5 Land near railway station could be sold for housing
- 6 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 7 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 8 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 9 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 10 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
“We might even give them some extra lines to do for homework.”