Council contractor ‘will redo’ wonky yellow line to combat seafront parking
- Credit: Archant
A wonky yellow line painted on a road in Kewstoke will be corrected, according to North Somerset Council.
A single yellow line was painted in Beach Road last week, but the authority’s contractor failed to line it up straight, painting around a sand drift.
Parking charges around the Sand Bay area came into effect on March 13 and apply from 8am-6pm, seven days a week.
The car park near the Commodore Hotel end was tidied up and its spaces were widened in February.
The council also made major improvements which included a revamped Sand Road car park and bus terminus area.
You may also want to watch:
A council spokesman said: “Painting lines on a sandy seafront location is always going to be challenging.
“In this case, the lines are a wobble too far and we will be asking our contractor to redo them as soon as possible.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
“We might even give them some extra lines to do for homework.”