Council contractor ‘will redo’ wonky yellow line to combat seafront parking
- Credit: Archant
A wonky yellow line painted on a road in Kewstoke will be corrected, according to North Somerset Council.
A single yellow line was painted in Beach Road last week, but the authority’s contractor failed to line it up straight, painting around a sand drift.
Parking charges around the Sand Bay area came into effect on March 13 and apply from 8am-6pm, seven days a week.
The car park near the Commodore Hotel end was tidied up and its spaces were widened in February.
The council also made major improvements which included a revamped Sand Road car park and bus terminus area.
You may also want to watch:
A council spokesman said: “Painting lines on a sandy seafront location is always going to be challenging.
“In this case, the lines are a wobble too far and we will be asking our contractor to redo them as soon as possible.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
“We might even give them some extra lines to do for homework.”